13 November 2013

autumnal shades of doilies

The nights are drawing in – the days are getting colder - the year is definitely drawing to a close.

It feels like perfect timing to have a sort through of my studio space and put away old projects to make room for next year's new ones. This year has been a year of trying new things and finding my feet in a world of creative makings; I have found what I want to make and what I want to achieve.



 One of the highlights of this year was contributing to Lisa Solomon's Sen show and I couldn't let this year pass without honouring the experience.


It was a privilege and a delight to make 30 doilies and send them to her earlier this year. I volunteered because I loved the concept and the opportunity to take part [in the tiniest way] in something like the Sen show.  



The slow and repetitive practice of completing these tiny doilies really appealed to me. 


Lisa writes about the show and in particular the doilies here